Here is this article about Sania Mirza is an Indian professional tennis player who was formerly ranked No. 1 in the women’s doubles rankings.Through this article, you are going to know much more detail about Sania Mirza which was never shown or revealed by others. Some particular Unknown Facts about Sania Mirza is mentioned here in the article with complete Bio Data.
|Real Name||Sania Mirza Malik|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 166 cm
in meters- 166 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 6″
|Weight||in Kilograms- 57 Kg
in Pounds- 126 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||15 November 1986|
|Age (as in 2018)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Nasr School, Hyderabad|
|College||St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad|
|Debut||AP Tourism Hyderabad Open (2003)|
|Family||Father– Imran Mirza (Journalist)
Mother– Nasima Mirza
Sister– Anam Mirza (Younger)
• In 2009, she was engaged to her childhood friend Sohrab Mirza, but the relationship was broken in the same year.
• A lawyer filed a case against her for allegedly showing disrespect to the national flag.
|Favorite Food||Hyderabadi Biryani|
|Favorite Actor||Salman Khan, Arjun Rampal and Akshay Kumar|
|Favourite Actress||Kajol and Kareena Kapoor|
|Favorite Film||Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Phool Aur Kaante, Mohra, Maine Pyaar Kiya and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai|
|Favorite Perfume||Purplelight and Dolce|
|Favorite Destination||London, Paris and Thailand|
Girls, Affairs and More
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sohrab Mirza (Businessman)
|Husband||Shoaib Malik (Pakistani Cricketer)
|Net Worth||$8 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sania Mirza:
- Does Sania Mirza smoke?: No, Sania Mirza doesn’t smoke
- Does Sania Mirza drink alcohol?: No, Sania Mirza doesn’t consume alcohol
- Sania Mirza has been awarded the Arjuna Award, Padma Shri Award, and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- By Google’s report in the year 2010, it was noticed that Sania Mirza was the most searched sportsperson that year.
- Sania Mirza started playing tennis when she was just 6 years old. She was initially coached by her father, Imran Mirza and later by Roger Anderson.
- She loves the movies “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham” so much that she has watched it around 30 times.
- Sania Mirza is the first Indian Player to have won more than 1million US$.
- Sania Mirza has been the brand ambassador of Telangana State in 2014.
- She has very good sponsorship partners like Adidas, Sprite, BournVIta, and General.
- In 2008, she received the honorary degree of Doctor of Letters from MGR Educational and Research Institute in Chennai
- Her favorite tennis player is Steffi Graf.
- A fatwa(“a ruling on a point of Islamic law given by a recognized authority.“) was issued against her in 2014, as a result of objections against her outfit in tennis courts.
- She became the UN Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia in 2013 and became the first South Asian woman do be so.
- When Sania Mirza was a junior Player, she has won 10 Singles and 13 doubles title.
- Sania Mirza is the Indian Woman to win a tennis WTA title and also has kept her number 1player rank since 2003 to 2013
- She won 2 Gold, 3 Silver and 3 Bronze medals in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014, a silver medal in Women’s singles and a bronze medal in Women’s Doubles at 2010 Commonwealth Games.
- She has won 3 Grand Slam Mixed Doubles Titles i.e. Australian Open, French Open and US Open.
- Along with Swiss tennis player Martina Hingis, she won one Wimbledon Championships in 2015.