Here in this article, you are going to know much more detail about the Gurdas Maan which was never shown or revealed by others. Some Unknown Facts about Gurdas Maan is written here in the article with complete Bio Data.
|Real Name||Gurdas Maan|
|Nickname||The Living Legend, Maan Sahab, The Pride of Punjab|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Choreographer, Actor|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour (approx.)||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||4 January 1957|
|Age (as in 2018)||61 Years|
|Birth Place||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala, Punjab, India|
|College||Graduation College – Not Known (Malout, Punjab)
Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India
|Educational Qualifications||Masters Degree in Physical Education
Diploma Course in Sports Coaching
|Debut||Song: Dil Da Mamala Hai (1980)
Album: Chakkar (1984)
Film: Mamla Gadbad Hai (1984)
|Family||Father– Late Sardar Gurdev Singh Mann
Mother– Late Bibi Tej Kaur
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Address||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Hobbies||Gymming, Yoga, Poetry|
|Controversies||• In 2005, he came into controversy for twice. Firstly, when he sang a movie song at a Vaisakhi concert, instead of singing a religious song. Secondly, when he made a song saying “throw away your religious books and underwear” which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
• In 2011, Mann released an album called Jogiya. The song Sadi Jithe Lagi Ae Lagi Rehn De propel a controversy among the Sikh community as it was promoting drawled.
|Favourite Food||Rajma chawal, Sarson Saag|
|Favourite Actor||Guggu Gill|
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Singer||Kuldeep Manak, Surinder Shinda|
|Favourite Colour||Black, Grey|
|Favourite Song||Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen from the movie Waqt (1965)|
Girls, Affairs and More
|Wife||Manjeet Maan (Producer and Director of Indian Punjabi Films)|
|Children||Son– Gurikk Maan (Punjabi Actor)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gurdas Maan
- Does Gurdas Maan smoke?: No, He doesn’t Smoke.
- Does Gurdas Maan drink alcohol?: Yes, He does drink alcohol.
- During his initial days, he gave his first performance when he was at college at an official event of Punjab State Electricity Board on the song Sajna Ve Sajna, listening to which, their official staff got so much impressed that they gave him a job in their department.
- He is very good at an athlete and had owned a bronze model at the National Wrestling Championship.
- He is also a black belt in Judo.
- He used to participate in youth festivals organised by various universities and won numerous awards for his singing and acting.
- He had written & directed the TV show POP Time for Doordarshan, Delhi.
- Watching one of his stage performance on the song Dil Da Mamla Hai, the producer of a Jalandhar TV station approached him for the TV recording of the same song. Maan immediately agreed to it, after which the song was aired on 31 December 1980, and became an instant hit.