Here is this article about Asha Parekh who is a Bollywood actress, director, and producer.Through this article, you are going to know much more detail about Asha Parekh which was never shown or revealed by others. Some particular Unknown Facts about Asha Parekh is mentioned here in the article with complete Bio Data.
|Real Name||Asha Parekh|
|Nickname||Jubilee Girl, Tomboy|
|Profession||Actress, Director, Producer|
Physical Stats & More:
|Height (approx.)||centimeters- 161 cm
meters- 1.61 m
Feet Inches- 5′ 3″
|Weight (approx.)||Kilograms- 62 Kg
Pounds- 137 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Favorite Actor||Shammi Kapoor, Dev Anand|
|Favorite Actress||Waheeda Rahman, Helen, Saira Bano|
|Favorite Director||Bimal Roy|
|Favorite Dance Teacher||Bansilal Bharati|
|Favorite Singer||Asha Bhosle|
Boys, Affairs and More:
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Nasir Hussain, Film Maker (Rumored)
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Asha Parekh:
- Does Asha Parekh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Asha Parekh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Asha Parekh was born into a middle-class Gujarati Jain family.
- Bachubhai Parekh (Asha’s father) was from Paldi near Pirana Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
- Asha Parekh’s mother was a Muslim while her father was a Jain.
- She is a follower of Sai Baba.
- As her mother enrolled her in classical dance at an early age, she started dance performance by doing stage shows.
- She played a child artist in film aasmaan in the year 1952 in which her screen name was Baby Asha Parekh
- At a stage function, Bimal Roy saw her dance and cast her at the age of twelve in the 1954 film ‘Baap Beti.’
- After doing a couple of child roles, she quit acting to resume her schooling.
- At the age of 16, she tried to make her debut as a heroine. However, she was rejected by Vijay Bhatt in his 1959 film ‘Goonj Uthi Shehnai,’ citing she was not a star material. Precisely 8 days later, Nasir Hussain cast her in his film ‘Dil Deke Dekho’ opposite Shammi Kapoor, which made her a huge star.
- She was cast by Nasir Hussain in six more of his films.
- Asha was also associated with Nasir Hussain as a distributor of his films for 21 years.
- She became a symbol of glamor girl, excellent dancer, and tomboy in most of her films. However, she also did serious roles in 3 of her favourite films- ‘Do Badan’ (1966), ‘Chirag’ (1969), and ‘Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki’ (1978).
- Asha did 3 Gujarati Language films including ‘Akhand Saubhagyavati’ (1963), which became a huge hit.
- She also acted in a few Punjabi Language films including ‘Kankan De Ohle’ (1971) opposite Dharmendra and the hit Kannada film- Sharavegada Saradara (1989).
- After playing the lead roles in the films, she started playing the supporting roles of Bhabhi (sister-in-law) and Mother. However, she described it as the ‘awkward phase’ of her career.
- From 1994 to 2000, she remained President of the Cine Artists’ Association.
- She founded a production company called ‘Akruti’ and produced serials like ‘Baaje Payal,’ Palash Ke Phool,’ ‘Kora Kagaz,’ and a comedy serial ‘Daal Me Kaala.’
- In 2008, she judged a Reality Show ‘Tyohaar Dhamaaka on the 9X Channel.
- She remained unmarried throughout her life. However; in an interview, she revealed that she had a longtime boyfriend but declined to explain the relationship.
- After her mother’s death, Asha sold her bungalow and shifted into a smaller house to take care of her ailing father who passed away later.
- At present, she concentrates on her dance academy called ‘Kara Bhavan’ and the Asha Parekh Hospital (named in her honor) in Santa Cruz, Mumbai.
- In 2017, her autobiography titled ‘The Hit Girl’ (co-written by Khalid Mohammed) was released by Salman Khan.